Re: Packages dependent on obsolete gcc4

Hi guys,

[Redirected to cygwin-apps.]
On Jul 28 00:18, Angelo Graziosi wrote:
> Just out of curiosity...
>
> Is it to be expected that there are packages (clang, imake,...)
> dependent on gcc4-core etc. ?

the affected packages are

  clang			Yaakov S
  imake			Yaakov S
  libfltk-devel		Teun Burgers
  libicu-devel		Reini Urban
  libxerces-c-devel	Charles Wilson
  logiweb		Klaus Grue
  ocaml-base		Damien Doligez
  octave-devel		Marco Atzeri

Rather than just changing the dependencies to gcc-core, etc, I'm
wondering if we shouldn't remove the dependencies to gcc or, FWIW, any
other gcc component entirely as far as development packages are
concerned.  It's pretty unlikely that anybody would install dev packages
without installing a compiler.  The only one I'm not sure about is
clang, which requires some files from the gcc package but is a compiler
on its own.