Re: Please try new setup exe's

Hi,

On 16 Jul 2013 03:05+1000, Christopher Faylor wrote:
I'd appreciate it if people could try the two new setup.exe's
installed at http://cygwin.com/

http://cygwin.com/setup-x86.exe for 32-bit

This is not working for me against an existing install, where I am
following a two-step process to install.

That being, Download Without Installing first. To a completely wiped
download directory (wiped when I ran into a similar problem on first
attempt).

Then separate run to Install from Local Directory.

The problem I encounter is that the new packages selected during the
Download step, do not appear when I try to perform the Install.

Rather at the Install step, as expected, I get an immaculate list of
packages currently installed.

PS: in the first attempt, the packages downloaded did appear for
selection and install. However, I encountered a error that was
something like '(null) on reading file' and the installation did not
occur.

I wiped the download directory because I felt certain it was picking up
the package availability from release directories downloaded by
setup.exe. And was then looking for the actual package file in the new
(offset by the x86 prefix) release directory.

The changed behaviour seems to give affirmation to that.

--
Regards,
Shaddy