Re: [ITP] svn_load_dirs

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Jul 11 10:15, David Rothenberger wrote:
>> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>>>
>>> I can't comment on this subversion vs. cygport problem, but the
>>> package itself is fine.  Shall I upload?
>>
>> Yes, please.
>>
>> Since the package is just a Perl script, I used the same links for both
>> the 32 and 64-bit packages. I think the same package should work fine
>> for both architectures. You can download it once and just copy it if you
>> want.
>
> Done as you suggested.
>
> But there's a catch:  After uploading, while adding the svn_load_dirs
> package to the cygwin-pkg-maint file I noticed that there's already a
> package svn-load from Jari Aalto, which is apparently already the same
> thing per the setup.hint file:
>
>   sdesc: "An enhanced import facility for Subversion"
>   ldesc: "A free replacement for svn_load_dirs, an enhanced import facility for
>   Subversion. The utility will commit a single changeset that alters a
>   repository subtree to match a local directory. It detects filenames
>   that have been removed or created, and uses this knowledge to prompt
>   the user about file and directory movements within the subtree. An
>   automatic tagging option is also supported. Svn-load is well suited
>   for vendor branch maintenance, where external source is routinely
>   imported and merged."
>   category: Devel Python
>   requires: python
>
> Does it really make sense to have this twice?

It's not the same thing. svn-load is a svn_load_dirs /replacement/ that
is written in Python, while svn_load_dirs is written in Perl.

I don't use either and can't comment about why someone would want to use
svn_load_dirs instead of svn-load, but they are not the exact same things.

QOTD:
        "What do you mean, you had the dog fixed?   Just what made you
        think he was broken!"