Re: x86/ -> ./ symlink

On Mon, Jul 01, 2013 at 06:40:17PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>On Jul  1 17:18, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> On Jul  1 14:50, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> > Here's a patch which should do the trick.  I'm deliberately not applying
>> > it so that I don't colide with anything you already have in the loop.
>>
>> Scratch it.  The general idea might be ok, but it just doesn't work if
>> the local dir is not a mirror, but rather the installation directory as
>> fetched via setup itself.  In this case, the setup.ini files are not in
>> top-level, but rather one level below top-level.  This has to be taken
>> into account.
>>
>> On the other hand, if the local dir is a mirror, there are now four
>> setup.ini files, the 32 bit setup.ini in top-level and the x86 dir,
>> and the 64 bit setup.ini in x86_64 and the 64bit subdirs, and setup
>> will read all four of them.
>>
>> The long loading time was always a bit annoying, but other than that it
>> was no problem, as long as there were only two ini files and the 64 bit
>> file was called setup64.ini.  Oh well.
>
>(Hopefully last) followup to my monologue:
>
>I think I have a solution now.  I detached the "x86" and "x86_64" target
>subdirs from SETUP_INI_FILENAME and introduced a SETUP_INI_DIR instead.
>Changing the Find class to allow a maximum tracking depth, plus an
>additional check to make sure the found file is the one from the target
>subdir, this should work now in all circumstances.
>
>See below.  Again, not applied to not collide with what you have.

I don't have anything like this in the pipeline but this is pretty much
what I concluded that I needed to do while laying in bed last night and
in the special thinking room.

I didn't look at the patch.  Does it just put setup.ini right under the
mangled download url directory*?  That's what I was going to do.

But, anyway, if you have something that works please check it in.

cgf

*I dislike the mangled download directory almost as much as I dislike
the maze of twisty little packages in the setup source code.