Re: setup in cvs head by early june 2013 does not run on xp

On Jun 21 09:26, d_hoke@hotmail.com wrote:

> > You need to build with the newest version of mingw from the mingw64-i686
> > package. It seems like yours is out of date. Corinna and I build with
> > the i686-w64-mingw32 target.
>
> It appears I have the latest version (gcc, g++, 4.5.3-6,
> runtime runtime-3.0b_svn5747-1, headers-3.0b_svn5747-1) offered by
> mirrors.kernel.org (checked prior to this email via setup against then current,
> and installed /var/log/setup.log), which is listed at
> http://cygwin.com/mirrors.html
> as an up-to-date mirror.
>
> 1)Please advise what pkg version, mirror, or ? can provide appropriate build context.
> 2)Should configure check for and advise of possible problems with 'incorrect' version
> of mingw64?

I really don't know what you mean.

Just make sure you have the latest mingw64 packages installed,
create a separate build dir, for instanmce parallel to the setup
source dir, and call configure make:

  cd <checked out setup sources dir>
  cd ..
  mkdir build
  cd build
  ../configure --host=i686-w64-mingw32 --target=i686-w64-mingw32
  make

And that's it.  I tested to build setup HEAD from scratch for 32 and
64 bit, and both versions worked fine.