Re: Preparation for gcc 4.7.3-1

On 2013-06-17 17:21, JonY wrote:
For the record, here are the deps stated by cygport:

gcc requires:  gcc-core gcc-g++
gcc-core requires: bash libcloog0 libgcc1 libgmp3 libgomp1 libiconv2 libintl8 libmpc3 libmpfr4 libppl_c4 libquadmath0 libssp0 zlib0 binutils w32api-headers w32api-runtime
gcc-g++ requires: libcloog0 libgmp3 libiconv2 libintl8 libmpc3 libmpfr4 libppl_c4 libstdc++6 python python3 zlib0 gcc-core

python and python3 here are false positives; just remove them by hand for now until I fix that.

gcc-java requires: bash libcloog0 libgcc1 libgcj13 libgmp3 libiconv2 libintl8 libmpc3 libmpfr4 libppl_c4 python python3 zlib0 gcc-core java-ecj

Ditto.

Also, java-ecj really should be added to the distro, but that needs a thread for itself.

gcc-fortran requires: libcloog0 libgfortran3 libgmp3 libiconv2 libintl8 libmpc3 libmpfr4 libppl_c4 zlib0 gcc-core
gcc-objc requires: libcloog0 libgmp3 libiconv2 libintl8 libmpc3 libmpfr4 libobjc4 libppl_c4 zlib0 gcc-core
gcc-objc++ requires: libcloog0 libgmp3 libiconv2 libintl8 libmpc3 libmpfr4 libppl_c4 zlib0 gcc-core gcc-g++ gcc-objc
gcc-ada requires: libcloog0 libgmp3 libiconv2 libintl8 libmpc3 libmpfr4 libppl_c4 zlib0 gcc-core
libgcc1 requires:
libgomp1 requires: libgcc1
libssp0 requires:
libgfortran3 requires: libgcc1 libquadmath0
libgcj-common requires:
libobjc4 requires: libgcc1
libstdc++6 requires: libgcc1
libstdc++6-devel requires:
libgnat4.7 requires: libgcc1
libgcj13 requires: libgcc1 libiconv2 zlib0 libgcj-common
libquadmath0 requires: libgcc1

The rest of these look good.

Sounds doable? Alternatively, the current experimental gcc 4.7.2 and its
dep be made stable before 4.7.3 is pushed, after all, I did use 4.7.2 to
build the new gcc, it is stable enough.

I've been using my own build of 4.7.3 without complaint, but it won't get any more testing until it goes stable. Therefore, I think we should stabilize it (and its deps) now.

As for the logistics, how about you put this in a temporary location (not under release) that I can access, and then I can deal with all the necessary transitioning.

Yaakov