Re: HELP with Cygwin docs needed

On Apr 24 10:13, Warren Young wrote:
> On 4/23/2013 09:20, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >
> >does anybody know sgml and xmlto?
>
> I see that you've solved the problem, but maybe this is a good
> excuse to switch all these SGML files to DocBook XML (DBX)?
>
> I've taken a quick glance at this subtree.  I think you can replace
> doctool with XIncludes if you go with DBX.
>
> Yes, I'm kinda sorta volunteering, and am asking if there is a
> reason I shouldn't bother. :)

We actually would *love* to have a volunteer maintaining the Cygwin
docs.

Just two questions first:

- What is the advantage of changing the format?  You know, I mostly get
  the drift of sgml now and I write the docs in vi.  So, considering
  that I'm lazy *and* don't want to use some GUI editor to get the
  docs done, I wouldn't want to have relearning how to write the
  docs, unless there's a definitive advantage here.

- Will it work equally well to build the docs on Cygwin and on Fedora?
  Are the tools part of a default distro in both environments?