Re: [ITP] libffi (attn: Dave Korn)

On 2013-04-10 04:29, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Apr 10 04:06, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
libffi development moved out of GCC into a separate project a long
time ago; the copy included in GCC is used for libgcj, but only as a
convenience (static) library, and it is usually a few point releases
behind the standalone version.  Finally, last month, GCC was patched
upstream to stop installing its copy (a similar patch for 4.7.2 and
4.8.0 is in Ports git).

Therefore I think the time has arrived to join Fedora and Debian and
switch i686 to the standalone version.  (We are already using this
for x86_64.)  This will also simplify building many of the ~20
packages which use libffi and expect the .pc file provided only by
the standalone version.

http://cygwin-ports.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=cygwin-ports/libffi
ftp://ftp.cygwinports.org/pub/cygwinports/temp/libffi/

Isn't that independent from what gcc itself does?  If so, feel free
to upload.

Only the man3 pages collide with gcc4-core. But gcc's libffi.dll.a will take priority over the one in /usr/lib (see gcc -print-search-dirs), so manual intervention will be necessary until our gcc stops shipping libffi.

Yaakov