Re: a.out.h for 64-bit Cygwin?

On Mar 9 22:43, Ken Brown wrote:
It may be too soon to expect this to work, but I'm trying to build
emacs for 64-bit Cygwin.  Part of the build process involves direct
manipulation of a .exe file, based on the structures defined in
/usr/include/a.out.h.  I'm wondering whether this file needs to be
updated before it will work with 64-bit .exe files.

Yes, absolutely!

It's not very tricky.  AFAIK only a single header part is different, the
one called IMAGE_OPTIONAL_HEADER in MSDN.  Given the age of a.out.h,
there are also a couple of defines missing, all of them are documented
in MSDN and available in the Mingw headers.  Patches most welcome.

OK, I'll work on this. One question: Is it OK for a.out.h to include windows.h so that I can use macros like WORD, DWORD,... as in the Mingw headers? Or is it better to just use standard types as in the current a.out.h?

Ken