Re: [HEADSUP] openssl-1.0.1 vs. openssl 0.9.8

On 2/13/2013 1:43 PM, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
Hi Corinna,

On 12 February 2013 10:21, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
since openssl 1.0.1 is our recent version for a while now, I'd like to
ask those of you which still have packages linked against libopenssl098
to update your packages to new versions linked against libopenssl100.

The following packages are affected:

   libtorrent11  Chris Sutcliffe
   libtorrent14  Chris Sutcliffe

There isn't much pressure yet, since I'll continue to support the old
libopenssl098 a while, but if it's not asked too much, it would be nice
if you could update your packages.

I've been fighting with the latest stable rtorrent / libtorrent (as have many people - FreeBSD, etc.) as it has a tendency to peg CPUs at 100%. As a result the Cygwin release is lagging behind the upstream release and is the reason there hasn't been a recent release. I'm more than happy to rebuild the current release (i.e. libtorrent14) against the updated libopenssl, question I have is do I also need to rebuild the previous release (i.e. libtorrent11), or can we just drop it?

Thanks,

Chris

as libtorrent11 is required by no current package , drop it.

Marco