Re: nuke cygwin legacy?

On 07/02/13 05:17, Christopher Faylor wrote:
Anyway, I'm sorry I put this to a vote.  I've nuked the legacy code from
the release area.  I haven't removed the link from the web site so we'll
see if someone complains to the cygwin mailing list.  As I mentioned,
there were 14 attempts to download the legacy code last year.  That is
not a strong justification for keeping it around.
Cygwin Legacy was downloaded only yesterday - I know, because I did it. I have a client who insists on Cygwin 1.5. I have explained the risks associated with this (and the benefits to be had by upgrading), but they have their reasons and ultimately it's their decision.

Thankfully, I managed to find a site that was a little tardy in its mirroring, and I now have Cygwin Legacy squirrelled away on a DVD, should I ever need it again.

Lots of OS distributions retire old versions.  We don't have to be an
exception.
Indeed, but it *is* common for software providers to give some form of notice first...

Dave.