Re: Changing dependent library version numbers vs. test packages vs. requires: lines.

Dave,

On Jan 18 14:32, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> Dave?  Ping?
>
> On Jan 14 11:50, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
> > Hi Dave,
> >
> > >   I've got a gcc-4.7.2 package almost ready to upload, but there's one issue
> > > I'm not sure what's best to do about.
> >
> > Any progress on a gcc-4.7.x release for Cygwin?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Chris

since you replied to us in private already I know that you're still
around somewhere.  I just don't understand why you reply once, only to
disappear again for a long time.  If you're not able to keep up
comunication or maintainance of GCC anymore, please just say so.
There's nothing inherently wrong or bad with that.  Live goes on and we
all know that.

But *please* don't leave us high and dry.

I think we're now waiting for a sign of progress on GCC for too long.
I don't think we can wait much longer.  If you're still happy to
maintain Cygwin's GCC, please provide a new package within the next two
weeks.  Otherwise, from my point of view GCC is up for grabs.

Thanks,