Re: get-cygwin-package - for anyone with upload privileges

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 06:53:57PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 06:46:00PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>As I mentioned in another post, I've hacked at the get-cygwin-package
>>script so that it should properly handle -debuginfo packages.  I also
>>added a --release option which moves the packages into the release
>>directory after downloading them.  Without this option the script will
>>only download to a staging area and stop.
>>
>>If the email contains a string like:
>>
>>"Please remove 5.42-1" then that package will be removed and temporarily
>>archived to a tar file in /tmp.
>>
>>So, for any existing packages, this should be as simple as just piping
>>email via:
>>
>>|ssh sourceware.org get-cygwin-package
>>
>>If there are any problems please report them here.
>
>Sorry, that should be:
>
>|ssh sourceware.org --release get-cygwin-package

One more correction.  I thought everyone who had login privileges on
sourceware.org had /sourceware/infra/bin in their path but that's
apparently not the case.  So amend that to:

|ssh sourceware.org --release /sourceware/infra/bin/get-cygwin-package

That's what I'll be doing from mutt.  I'm sure that this isn't anywhere
near that easy from most GUI clients so you might have to save the
file first.

Again, these messages are only for the handful of people who have login
capabilities on sourceware.org.  Everyone else can safely ignore them.

cgf