Re: cygport: allow patch files to omit PN-PV-PR?

On Sun, 2012-09-09 at 11:55 -0400, Ken Brown wrote:
> I like the most recent cygport change in Git that allows one to omit
> PN-PV-PR from .cygport file names.  Have you thought about doing
> something similar for the .src.patch and .cygwin.patch files?  The
> advantage would be the avoidance of file renames, as with the .cygport
> change.

Not really, because I don't recommend maintaining patches in the form
of .src.patch and .cygwin.patch.  After making code patches, I copy
the .src.patch into one or more patches with appropriate names, which I
then add to PATCH_URI and keep in version control.  As
for .cygwin.patch, with automatic setup.hint generation and no need for
Cygwin READMEs, there isn't much of a need for CYGWIN-PATCHES anymore.

Yaakov