CygWin SVN should identify as CygWin

Hi,

I apologize if I didn't pick the proper mailing list, but "discussion
about packages" sounded right to me...

from what I can tell, a user of CygWin SVN has no possibilities to be aware of the fact that it is indeed CygWin SVN, and not another program.
This is the root cause for problems like

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SCM-213

(This is about an Apache Maven plugin, that uses a file list to specify
files being committed. Of course, for CygWin SVN the files in the list
must have a suitable format. Which they have not, as the plugin has no
idea about the svn binary it is using, apart from the path.) Currently,
svn --version emits the message below: This should insted be something
like "svn, version 1.7.5 (CygWin, r1336820)".

Thanks,

Jochen

$ svn --version
svn, version 1.7.5 (r1336830)
   compiled Jun 27 2012, 15:27:52

Copyright (C) 2012 The Apache Software Foundation.
This software consists of contributions made by many people; see the NOTICE
file for more information.
Subversion is open source software, see http://subversion.apache.org/

The following repository access (RA) modules are available:

* ra_neon : Module for accessing a repository via WebDAV protocol using Neon.
- handles 'http' scheme
- handles 'https' scheme
* ra_svn : Module for accessing a repository using the svn network protocol.
- with Cyrus SASL authentication
- handles 'svn' scheme
* ra_local : Module for accessing a repository on local disk.
- handles 'file' scheme
* ra_serf : Module for accessing a repository via WebDAV protocol using serf.
- handles 'http' scheme
- handles 'https' scheme

?
SAG Consulting Services GmbH - Sitz/Registered office: Uhlandstraße 9, 64297 Darmstadt, Germany - Registergericht/Commercial register: Darmstadt HRB 85598 Geschäftsführer/Managing Directors: Klaus Katz, Arno Theiß - http://www.softwareag.com/
?