Re: [ITA?] libXaw3d

On 02.04.2012 21:50, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
Dr. Volker Zell,

X.Org has taken over maintenance of libXaw3d, cleaned up the code,
switched from imake to autotools, and is releasing tarballs in the same
fashion as other X.Org components. Would you like me to take libXaw3d as
part of the X11R7.7 update, or do you want to continue handling it?
(xorg.cygclass will do the bulk of the work for you.)

I have no problem with the takeover, but see below.

Either way, the ABI version has been bumped to 8, so gv, xemacs, and
xfig will need a rebuild for the new libXaw3d.

The last time I tried updating to Xaw3d-1.5E, xfig linked against that version core dumped right away as soon as you clicked on some button. That was the reason I never update from Xaw3d-1.5D to Xaw3d-1.5E in the distro, although gv and xemacs seem to work fine with Xaw3d-1.5E.

Do you now if that xfig problem has been solved with the X.Org version of Xaw3d ?

Yaakov

Ciao Volker