Re: libtcl8.5.dll collides with Cygwin DLL by default

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 12:33:01PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 06:19:08PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>>Chris?  Ping?
>
>I am aware that you want a change.  I will get to it when I get to it.

To add a little more detail: the reason I didn't just roll a new
binutils and dust my hands together over a job well done is because I
don't like the idea of needing to release a new version of binutils just
to update a constant in the source.  I was considering having binutils
look at cygwin1.dll automatically but that is hardly foolproof.  I've
finally decided that I'll modify --enable-auto-image-base to accept a
number to use as the base.  Then there will always be a workaround when
cygwin1.dll grows in size.

If I was more ambitious, I'd make this a settable option, maybe in a
linker file, but that's something for the future.

cgf