Re: Mingw64 and Cygwin: header and libs layout

Hi Corinna,

I suggest the approach to install for cygwin the platform-headers to a
shared place.  I suggest that mingw-w64 adds to configure for headers
and crt an option, which installs platform-headers/libraries to
'/usr/shared/psdk_windows' location.  Means under this path are the
folders lib/lib64/include containing only the platform-parts.
For the cygwin-based mingw-w64 cross-compiler we need to add here by
spec (for headers in gcc and for libs in binutils or gcc).  IMHO this
should be a special configuration option for gcc (and binutils), which
adds the required parts to spec-files.

The CRT libraries and headers should stay IMHO in private places for
toolchain.  There is no need to put them under different locations or
to have them at shared-locations AFAICS., as cygwin-toolchain won't
provide this '-mno-cygwin' approach.  So toolchains are regarding
their CRT-headers isolated.

Regards,
Kai