Re: Attention python maintainer! - Re: Can we unstall the tcl/tk upgrade?

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 02:58:19PM -0500, Jason Tishler wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 01:51:46PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 02:29:00PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> > >Is there any chance that we could get some traction from the
> > >remaining holdouts for the tcl/tk upgrade?  I'm primarily concerned
> > >about not breaking python so Jason if you have time to do this
> > >sometime I'd appreciate it.  I'm sure that a lot of users would
> > >appreciate us finally fixing this longstanding tcl/tk issue.
>
> I haven't forgotten about the tcl/tk upgrade -- I'm just having
> trouble finding the time to do it.  I will try to fit it into my very
> limited free time.  Once again, I apologize for the delay. :,(

All,

I have some progress to report.  I have a Python 2.6.7 build with the
following:

1. built against Yaakov's Cygwin Ports tcl/tk:
   http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2011-10/msg00083.html

2. fix for locale.bind_textdomain_codeset:

3. fix for python select() is limited to fds < 64:

I haven't yet, but will address the following before my release:

Yaakov,

I'm not a python-tkinter user.  Any hints on how to test?

Thanks,
Jason