Re: ATTENTION: Tcl/Tk transition

On Tue, 2011-11-08 at 02:18 +0100, Dr. Volker Zell wrote:
> I obsoleted the following packages:
>
>    db-2.7.7
>    db-3.1.17
>    db-3.3.11.2
>    db-4.0.14
>    db-4.1.25.3
>    db-4.2.52.5
>    db-4.3.29.1
>    db-4.4.20.4

IMO there is no reason to keep these old versions, as nothing in the
distro depends on them.  So if there are no objections, we can just
outright remove them, and use _obsolete packages only for tcl-db*.*.

> did a rebuild of
>
>    db-4.5.20.2
>
> and added
>
>    db-4.8.30

Something is wrong with these packages; the libdb* and tcl-db* packages
aren't versioned.  (BTW, I think the tcl-db4.5 should also be an
_obsolete package, pointing to tcl-db4.8.)

> 5.x will follow later when the dust settles.

That will be helpful.

> > * ming [tcl-ming] (Dr. Volker Zell)
> > new requires: tcl
> > notes: needs a pkgIndex.tcl file to be of any use
>
> Done. It has now a pkgIndex.tcl file.
>
> > * WordNet (Dr. Volker Zell)
> > new requires: tcl tcl-tk
> > notes: needs patches for security vulnerabilities, patches available
> > from all major distros, e.g.:
> > http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=wordnet.git;a=tree
>
> Done, with all the paches and security fixes.

These look good.

> You will find the packages under /home/vzell on sourceware. Just copy
> (scp -r) them over when everybody is ready.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this.   Since space on /home is
tight, I have copied the ming and WordNet into a staging area until
we're ready for the move.

Thanks,

Yaakov
Cygwin/X