Re: Shall setup.exe call rebaseall in postinstall?

On Aug 12 12:56, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 05:13:22PM +0100, Dave Korn wrote:

> >> How do you decide if the box should be cheched automatically or not?
> >> Having a database file?  That's not exactly the right thing to do.
> >> How else?  Or should that be an "always checked by default" option?
> >
> >  I'd just suggest on by default and remembers its state between runs.
>
> Ditto.

That's fine, but let's remember the original questions.

- *Shall* setup call rebaseall at all?

- If yes, hardcoded or as postinstall script?

As a sidenote, if by postinstall script, there's no way to influence it
with a checkbox.  In theory I'd rather see a postinstall script since
that's a more flexible way to do the right thing.