Re: 256x256 px icons

On 30 July 2011 21:22, Andy Koppe wrote:
> On 30 July 2011 19:36, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> On Jul 29 21:29, Andy Koppe wrote:
>>> Attached is my take on this, with 64x64, 48x48, 32x32 showing
>>> fatbuttlarry's Cygwin symbol inside the Konsole icon, and 16x16
>>> showing the Cygwin symbol only.
>>
>> Not bad, but the green border around the C is too dark to set the
>> C apart from the background. ÂThe border needs some light grey which
>> allows to recognize the C.
>
> I'm not sure how to do that, but the attached attempt turn up the
> saturation of the green outline.
>
> It also reduces the blurriness of the whole thing a bit. Apparently
> it's better to convert an SVG to a high-res bitmap and resize that
> down with a bitmap program such as Paint.net instead of converting the
> SVG straight to the target bitmap sizes (at least when using
> InkScape).
>
> The two attached icons differ at size 32: cygwin-terminal2.ico has the
> Cygwin-in-terminal there, whereas cygwin-terminal3.ico has just the
> Cygwin symbol. Size 32 shows up in the Windows 7 taskbar.

Further to those two, here's one with the glowy Cygwin symbol all the
way from size 16 to 64. It's a "remastered" version of the one in
cygutils; a bit bigger and with the aforementioned brighter green
outline around the "C".

(256x256 versions of these aren't really worth doing, because the
original fatbuttlarry icon was only 96x96, and that had a fair bit of
space around the C.)

Andy