Re: libsigsegv packaging problem

On May  3 16:32, Reini Urban wrote:
> 2011/5/3 Corinna Vinschen:
> > I have a problem with the libsigsegv package. ÂRight now the gawk
> > maintainer started the testing cycle for the next gawk release, and the
> > second time now the sigsegv.h header broke the build.
> >
> > The reason for the breakage is the same each time, sigsegv.h includes
> > windows.h and thus clutters the namespace with stuff unexpected by a
> > POSIX application:
>
> You are right. I'll try it out.
>
> > - The first time it was the definition of "WCHAR".
> >
> > - The second time it was the definition of "small"i, which, believe it
> > Âor not, is defined as datatype in .
> >
> > - And there's still the definition of "min", which fortunately only
> > Âproduces a warning.
> >
> > AFAICS the only reason to include windows.h is to get the definition of
> > the CONTEXT type which in turn is used to typedef stackoverflow_context_t.
> >
> > Is it really necessary to expose this to the application? ÂWouldn't it
> > be better to define stackoverflow_context_t to void * for applications?
> > THus we can drop the unfortunate inclusion of windows.h and not clutter
> > the POSIX namespace with Windows definitions.
>
> Bruno will disapprove but for the cygwin port alone I can live with
> that workaround.

Thanks, but why should Bruno not approve?  Cygwin's task is to provide a
POSIX environment.  The fact that applications can still use Windows
calls is a nice add-on, but non-Windows aware projects should have the
right to get an environment which is not poluted with Windows
definitions.  Eric's patch should have gone in long ago.