Re: using genini for split packages [Was: [RFU] tidy-20090325-1]

On 11/13/2010 3:31 AM, Lapo Luchini wrote:

>>> Yes, it is.  Did you use the --recursive option?
>>
>> And, of course, the files need to be arranged as Corinna indicated
>> above, or genini will croak just like upset would.
>
> It still seems to croaks, and is not producing the source link:

Here's what I do:

after cygport puts everything in the foo-$VER-$REL/dist/ directory, I

cd foo-$VER-$REL/dist/
mkdir /tmp/MY-TEST-REPO/release/
cp -a foo /tmp/MY-TEST-REPO/release/
cd  /tmp/MY-TEST-REPO/
genini --recursive release > setup.ini

Be sure you're using the latest version of genini. There are some cases
where genini is happy, but upset won't be -- and vice versa. :-(

However, in most cases using genini is a pretty good validator.

--
Chuck