Re: [RFU] ocaml 3.12.0-4

On 2010-10-15, at 19:14, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> When creating a package containing one or more subpackages, it is
> required that a particular directory layout be used.  cygport
> automatically creates this during the packaging stage, e.g.
> ocaml-3.12.0-4/dist/ocaml/.  It is this directory layout that should be
> copied exactly for upload.

I see. Sorry for increasing your workload.

I have one remark about cygport:
When stripping executables, you grep 'Caml1999X008' to determine if a given
executable is an OCaml byte-code file.  You should be aware that this magic
number can get incremented from time to time when the format of byte-code
changes.  So at the next change it will become 'Caml1999X009' and your
test will get false negatives and start stripping byte-code executables.

I suggest using 'Caml1999X0' instead, which should give (almost) no
additional false positives, but will be much more forward-compatible.

Better yet (but slightly more work), you could use 'tail -c 12' to get
the last 12 bytes of the file and see if they match
/Caml1999X[0-9][0-9][0-9]/.  That way, you would be future-proof while
getting rid of all false positives.  I'm attaching a patch against
src_postinst.cygpart (cygport version 0.10.0).

-- Damien