Re: [ITP] tftp-hpa 5.0

On 10/4/2010 12:17 PM, Gernot Hillier wrote:

> Ok, so I'll wait for your update...
>
>> And that's great; obviously your internal team can continue to use what
>> you have, until the revised version comes along.  In fact, it's great
>> that you have an in-place testing environment; we can easily make sure
>> that the revised versions don't break anything.
>
> ... and try to push it into our product's mainline which should be well
> possible in the next weeks. However, please note that we don't use IPv6
> and have no testbed for this.
>
>> That makes sense.  However, as we/I are *very* enthusiastic about
>> deleting inetutils' tftp in favor of tftp-hpa, now's the time to make
>> that investment.
>
> :-) Let me know when I can help.

Here's my revised version of your package:

http://cygwin.cwilson.fastmail.fm/tftp-5.0-1-src.tar.bz2
http://cygwin.cwilson.fastmail.fm/tftp-5.0-1.tar.bz2
http://cygwin.cwilson.fastmail.fm/tftp-server-5.0-1.tar.bz2

Changes:

1) package split up and renamed to 'tftp' and 'tftp-server'
2) server uses tcp_wrappers
3) server supports changing user name
4) server installed as 'tftpd.exe' not 'in.tftpd'
4) server package includes /usr/bin/tftpd-config script
   a) handles creating the tftpd unpriv user
   b) --standalone option also installs tftpd as a service
      on its own (e.g. via cygrunsrv, not inetd or xinetd)
      In this case, also creates privileged user cyg_server
5) server package provides /etc/inetd.d/tftp and /etc/xinetd.d/tftp
   configuration files
6) moved /usr/include/arpa/tftp.h file to this package, from
   inetutils (*)
7) Massive updating to README file; consolidated information from
   README.cygwin and README.security changes, plus pulled in relevant
   data from (current) inetutils.README (*)
8) Client supports readline-based command history editing

(*) I have inetutils-1.7-2 ready to go; it no longer includes tftpd or
tftp, nor /usr/include/arp/tftp.h.  tftp-specific info in
inetutils.README removed.  I'll upload this as a testing release to the
mirrors.

What's not yet done:
1) IPv6 support is still not enabled
2) file name remapping seems like a useful feature, but it is still not
   enabled either.

Gernot, if you could take this -src package and rebuild it (just to make
sure it works for you), and then test the binaries in your environment,
that'd be a good start.  Then, I'll worry about the IPv6 stuff next
weekend or so, and we'll be ready to upload.

tftp.hint
category: Net
requires: libreadline7 libgcc1
sdesc: "Extended version of the BSD TFTP (client)"
ldesc: "This package provides tftp-hpa, an enhanced version of the
BSD TFTP client and server.  It possesses a number of bugfixes and
enhancements over the original.  It has been made portable and will
work on pretty much any modern Unix variant.

This package contains the tftp documentation and client."

tftp-server.hint
category: Net
requires: tftp csih libwrap0 libgcc1
external-source: tftp
sdesc: "Extended version of the BSD TFTP (server)"
ldesc: "This package provides tftp-hpa, an enhanced version of the
BSD TFTP client and server.  It possesses a number of bugfixes and
enhancements over the original.  It has been made portable and will
work on pretty much any modern Unix variant.

This package contains the tftp server."

--
Chuck