Re: Up for new maintainer - base-files and base-passwd

Hi John,

On Sep 13 10:33, John Morrison wrote:
> It is with regrets that I give up the maintainership of the cygwin
> base-files and base-passwd packages.
>
> I've been unable to find sufficient time to do these packages justice a
> situation which is unlikely to improve at this time.
>
> The source for the packages is the package itself.  I have a small set of
> automations for building (replacing version numbers etc) which I will
> happily give to the new maintainer, but I have not created a cygport
> package for it.
>
> I am not going to unsubscribe from the lists nor stop answering questions.
>
> I've enjoyed the time I've spent on this project and wish it well.

I'm sorry to read that.  Thanks for the time and effort you invested
into these packages.

Since you're not mentioning "units", does that mean you keep up
maintainership for this package?

Other than that, is anybody willing to take over maintainership of
base-passwd and/or base-files?  While the base-passwd file is relatively
uncritical, especially the base-files package needs some work, to pick
up the stray bits of problems we collected over the time.

Anybody willing to take over a few bash scripts?

Thanks,