Re: w32api question

Hi Chris,

On Jul 20 09:39, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
> Hi Corinna,
>
> There's an active discussion on the MinGW Developer mailing list
> around valid sources of information for patches.  In particular, some
> of the constants used by Windows are not documented by MSDN, as a
> result, some w32api users have provided patches in which they wrote a
> program the outputs the constant.  My question is, that since the
> w32api is hosted by Sourceware and I believe included as part of the
> Redhat distribution, what is Redhat's position on this method of
> determining values?

Can you please explain this a bit more?  What exactly are these
applications doing?  I'm asking because one way to extract the constants
via an application is "grep" in the VC++ include directory.  How are the
apps in question extracting constants?

FYI, I already asked for legal advice about the situation with Mingw64,
which is different, but might give some important insight.  kIf you give
me some hints about these apps, I'll forward your request as well.  The
reply might take some time, though.