Re: [ITP] httperf-0.9.0

    > Httperf is a tool for measuring web server performance. It provides a
    > flexible facility for generating various HTTP workloads and for
    > measuring server performance.

    > It is included with many Linux distros, including debian:
    > http://packages.debian.org/lenny/httperf

    > Package files:
    > http://www.theeggeadventure.com/2010/cygwin/httperf-0.9.0-1.tar.bz2
    > http://www.theeggeadventure.com/2010/cygwin/httperf-0.9.0-1-src.tar.bz2
    > http://www.theeggeadventure.com/2010/cygwin/setup.hint

    > This is my first cygwin package contribution, so please check my work
    > carefully and don't be too harsh if I made a mistake somewhere.
    > Thanks.

Your setup.hint is wrong. Requires should not list cygwin as a
dependency anymore. And libgcc1 is missing. So it should read:

requires: libgcc1 openssl

Your binary package is missing the cygwin specific README file
(/usr/share/doc/Cygwin/httperf-0.9.0.README) although when I build it
from source with your build script it gets included, hmmm ??

Documentation should go in /usr/share/doc/httperf instead of the version
specific httperf-0.9.0 directory.

Other than that GTG.

By the way I would recommend the Method Three: cygport approach when
building packages for the distro. See http://cygwin.com/setup.html

For your convenience attached the cygport file for building this
package. It would have taken care of all the above aspects.

Ciao
  Volker

DESCRIPTION="Httperf is a tool for measuring web server performance. It provides a flexible facility
for generating various HTTP workloads and for measuring server performance. The focus of
httperf is not on implementing one particular benchmark but on providing a robust,
high-performance tool that facilitates the construction of both micro- and macro-level
benchmarks. The three distinguishing characteristics of httperf are its robustness,
which includes the ability to generate and sustain server overload, support for the
HTTP/1.1 and SSL protocols, and its extensibility to new workload generators and p
erformance measurements."
HOMEPAGE="http://code.google.com/p/httperf/";
SRC_URI="http://httperf.googlecode.com/files/${P}.tar.gz";

CYGCONF_ARGS="