Re: 1.7 installation failed (on network drive?)

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Dec 17 14:09, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
Has the H:\cygwin17 directory been created at all? If so, we should
examine the cacls for this dir just like the cacls for H:\ itself.
No, it hasn't. For some ACLs, see below.

Hmm.

[...time passes...]

Hang on, there's another possible reason for STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED.
Mkdir_p calls NtCreateFile to create the directory with
STANDARD_RIGHTS_ALL rights. This includes WRITE_DAC and WRITE_OWNER
rights. Especially the last one could be a problem for a non-admin
user.
I looked up what these two mean and in fact it sounds like the problem; I had previously sent the output of getfacl on the drive directories and on directories manually created there, don't know if that helps:
Also here is the output of getfacl for directories on the two network drives I had tried:
> # file: /cygdrive/h
> # owner: Administratoren
> # group: ????????
> user::rwx
> user:wolff:rwx
> group::---
> group:SYSTEM:rwx
> mask:rwx
> other:---
> default:user::rwx
> default:user:Administratoren:rwx
> default:user:wolff:rwx
> default:group:SYSTEM:rwx
> default:mask:rwx
>
> # file: /cygdrive/h/cygwin
> # owner: wolff
> # group: Domänen-Benutzer
> user::rwx
> group::---
> group:root:rwx
> group:SYSTEM:rwx
> mask:rwx
> other:---
> default:user::rwx
> default:user:wolff:rwx
> default:group:root:rwx
> default:group:SYSTEM:rwx
> default:mask:rwx

> # file: /cygdrive/t/TGI
> # owner: Administratoren
> # group: ????????
> user::rwx
> group::---
> group:SYSTEM:rwx
> group:Benutzer:r-x
> mask:rwx
> other:---
> default:user::rwx
> default:user:Administratoren:rwx
> default:group:SYSTEM:rwx
> default:group:Benutzer:r-x
> default:mask:rwx
>
> # file: /cygdrive/t/TGI/cygwin
> # owner: Administratoren
> # group: ????????
> user::rwx
> group::---
> group:SYSTEM:rwx
> group:Benutzer:r-x
> mask:rwx
> other:---
> default:user::rwx
> default:user:Administratoren:rwx
> default:group:SYSTEM:rwx
> default:group:Benutzer:r-x
> default:mask:rwx
Also, speaking of ACLs and pondering about possible effects of their inheritance, it comes to my mind that it might make a difference whether to create H:\cygwin in a mounted H: drive or H:\mydir\cygwin so I'll try that next time.

Could you please try to replace STANDARD_RIGHTS_ALL with

SYNCHRONIZE | WRITE_DAC | READ_CONTROL

If that works, we're done. If that doesn't work, try

SYNCHRONIZE | READ_CONTROL

If that works, you will see failure log output from SetPosixPerms().

Either way, this might be the entire problem here. If the first
expression works, we should be able to use it as is. If only the
second expression works, we have to do some admin/non-admin conditional.

Good news. I can finally reproduce the problem. Digging deeper now...
Great, so I'll wait.
Concerning "time until release", if you want me to test something tomorrow morning that's OK, if you want me to test something today, please provide compiled debug versions somewhere on the net as I cannot compile it here.
Thomas