Re: 1.7 installation failed (on network drive?)

Thomas Wolff wrote:
> ext Corinna Vinschen wrote:

>> Are you sure the share permissions are sufficient?  In contrast to the
>> 1.5 setup, the 1.7 setup tries to create files and directories with
>> explicit ACLs.
> On the H: drive, I have "full access" according to the Windows
> properties dialog.
> On the T: drive, I don't, but I have read and write permissions of
> course. However, missing rights to modify ACLs might indeed by the issue
> here.

  100%.

> In usual *nix terms, however, I have sufficient rights to do anything I
> need, so I think setup.exe might want to be more fault-tolerant here
> (and issue more precise error hints), esp. if setting ACLs fails.

  Need better error handling, it should fall back to whatever it does on FAT
systems.

  Say, has anyone checked it's still possible to install to a FAT fs using the
latest setup.exe?  I might try digging up a pen drive later tonight and see
what happens.

    cheers,
      DaveK