Re: [ITP] lzip-1.8-1

On Nov 10 21:55, JonY wrote:
> On 11/10/2009 17:43, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >On Nov  9 21:03, JonY wrote:
> >>http://www.cadforte.com/cygwin-uploader/lzip/lzip-1.8-1-src.tar.bz2
> >>http://www.cadforte.com/cygwin-uploader/lzip/lzip-1.8-1.tar.bz2
> >>http://www.cadforte.com/cygwin-uploader/lzip/setup.hint
> >
> >Packaging looks almost good.  The binaries in usr/bin are missing
> >the .exe suffix for some reason.
> >

> >Corinna
>
> Hi,
>
> It was built and installed that way with cygport (Cygwin 1.7), the
> provided non-autotools build system for lzip was originally designed
> for Linux, eg "g++ -o bar foo.o".
>
> I think it has something to do with the rename() thing, but

That would be a bit surprising.  I'm wondering what `make install'
does in this package since something like

  install -s -m755 foo.exe $(bindir)/foo

will create a foo.exe file in $(bindir).  You should really check
what happens.  If it's a problem in Cygwin 1.7, I'd rather like to
know about it.

> otherwise, it runs perfectly fine.
>
> http://www.cadforte.com/cygwin-uploader/lzip/lzip-1.8-1.tar.bz2 now
> has the .exe extension, but filesize is smaller for some reason,

I tried to download it twice:

  $ tar tjf lzip-1.8-1.tar.bz2

  bzip2: Compressed file ends unexpectedly;
	  perhaps it is corrupted?  *Possible* reason follows.
  bzip2: Inappropriate ioctl for device
	  Input file = (stdin), output file = (stdout)

  It is possible that the compressed file(s) have become corrupted.
  You can use the -tvv option to test integrity of such files.

  You can use the `bzip2recover' program to attempt to recover
  data from undamaged sections of corrupted files.

  tar: Child returned status 2