gcc-tools update possible? [was Re: Moving to Autoconf 2.64, Automake 1.11]

  Hi gang, and Chuck in particular,

Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I will reply to this message with a number of patches that contain the
> heart of the switch to newer autotools.

  Ralf's posting patches to get GCC and /src switched over to new autotools.
Do you have some spare cycles to roll an update to the gcc-tools-* packages in
the not-too-distant?  Come to think of it, might the better plan be to update
the main distro versions of the packages and retire gcc-tools?

    cheers,
      DaveK