setup.exe and release messages

Hi,

It just occured to me what would be an IMHO really cool extension to
setup.exe.

What if we could put some simple text file on cygwin.com called, say,
setup.rel, and setup.exe would try to fetch this file and, before
presenting the chooser dialog, open another dialog with a scrollable
text field containing the text from this release message file?  Then
setup.exe would store a hash of the text.

Later invocations of setup would only show the file content if the hash
value of the text differs from the stored hash value, which obviously
means the file has changed.

This would allow us to generate arbitrary release messages for important
stuff.  Just to give people an idea that there's some major change, for
instance, the jump from Cygwin 1.5.25 to 1.7.1

Or consider we have to rework some functionality in Cygwin 1.7 which
turns out to require some user intervention, for instance a
configuration change.

This would not only give us a chance to deliver release messages, it
would also give people a chance to stop if they don't feel comfortable
with the described changes.  Well, if they read the message at all, that
is.

What do others think of that idea?

And who volunteers to implement it?