Re: Change Setup's package search field to case-insensitive

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 12:16:59PM -0400, Ralph Hempel wrote:
>Corinna Vinschen wrote:

>>> Which begs the question:
>>>
>>>   Does it make sense to lowercase the finder and findee to avoid pulling
>>>   in yet another library?
>>
>> Back to re-inventing the wheel?
>
>Not really. It's more a case of using two existing wheels that are on
>the workbench instead of going to the store to buy another one.

I'm away from a windows system right now so I can't check this for myself
by running "ldd" or "cygcheck" on setup.exe.

Do we get StrStrI for free just by referencing it or is a makefile
modification required?  I see at least one part of setup's code purports
to be using something from shlwapi.dll so, if we're already using it, I
don't see any harm in just using StrStrI.

cgf