Re: Cygwin 1.7 setup-1.7.exe minor display error

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 03:22:39PM +0100, Dave Korn wrote:
>Mark Harig wrote:
>
>> 1. Start setup-1.7.exe.  Click on 'Next >' button until the
>>    'Select Packages' dialog window is displayed.
>>
>> 2. By default, setup displays the Select Packages window
>>    maximized.  Click on the 'Restore Down' button in the
>>    right-hand corner to reduce the size of the window.
>>
>> 3. Note that to the right of the 'Search' box, the 'Clear' button
>>    is not displayed (or, displayed only partially), as follows:
>>
>>       Search |_________|[ o Keep  o Prev  o Curr o Exp [View] Category
>
>  So, the attached patch both fixes the current layout of the chooser page
>controls, and hopefully makes it a bit more easy to keep everything in line in
>the future.
>
>	* res.rc (SETUP_STANDARD_DIALOG_W, SETUP_STANDARD_DIALOG_H,
>	SETUP_SMALL_DIALOG_W, SETUP_SMALL_DIALOG_H):  Add constant defines
>	for dialog sizes.
>	(SETUP_STANDARD_DIALOG_DIMS, SETUP_SMALL_DIALOG_DIMS):  Add helper
>	macros for (W,H) pairs of dimensions.
>	(SETUP_HEADICON_X):  New global constant define.
>	(IDD_SOURCE, IDD_VIRUS, IDD_LOCAL, IDD_ROOT, IDD_SITE, IDD_NET,
>	IDD_INSTATUS, IDD_PROXY_AUTH, IDD_NET_AUTH, IDD_DESKTOP,
>	IDD_FTP_AUTH DIALOG, IDD_DROPPED):  Use the above for dialog sizes,
>	horizontal rules and icon positioning.
>	(SETUP_KPCE_W):  New define for radio-button size.
>	(SETUP_VIEWCAP_W, SETUP_VIEWCAP_X, SETUP_VIEW_W, SETUP_VIEW_X,
>	SETUP_EXP_X, SETUP_CURR_X, SETUP_PREV_X, SETUP_KEEP_X):  Add defines
>	for right-aligned controls.
>	(SETUP_SEARCH_X, SETUP_SEARCH_W, SETUP_SEARCHTEXT_X,
>	SETUP_SEARCHTEXT_W, SETUP_CLEAR_X, SETUP_CLEAR_W):  Likewise defines
>	for left-aligned controls.
>	(IDD_CHOOSE):  Use all the above, and reformat with whitespace
>	between args for clarity.
>
>  Tested by visual inspection of the chooser page while playing with the
>maximize/restore controls and free resizing.  Ok?

Yes.  Thanks for doing this.  I hate working with this rc stuff.  I used
to use Visual C++ to lay out the dialogs but, somewhere along the line,
my installation bit-rotted.

Incidentally, I have a half-finished patch in my sanbox which remembers
the geometry setting for the chooser screen.  Before I check that in, I
want to revamp the way setup saves settings so that all disparate
settings are in one file.  So I'll be checking in both changes at some
point, hopefully next week.

cgf