Re: Suggestion for terminal package maintainers

On Jun  3 14:53, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> Right.  That's because the space key does not return any other character
> then 0x20 in the Windows console, regardless of the modifier keys you're
> pressing.  Same goes for Alt-Space which should ideally return Esc-Space
> or \240.  Maybe we should really add that while we're at it.

Let's skip that.  I just made a quick test.  Ctrl-Space for ^@ works fine,
but Alt-Space probably never will.  Unfortunately Alt-Space is bound to
opening the Windows Console menu.  The keypress doesn't reach Cygwin's
input routine at all.

As for other console improvements, that's maybe a nice job for somebody
to contribute to Cygwin.  The handling of escape sequences and the
console I/O is pretty much only in a single source file, so it should be
easy to get a grip on it.  I would just like to avoid any backward
incompatible change.