Re: Save and restore setup.exe window geometry attempt #2

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 01:16:29PM -0400, Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E] wrote:
>(1) I would see a change of geometry when I arrive at the chooser to
>be unexpected behavior.

You're quibbling over default behavior.  Who do you think gets to decide
that?  That would be me (or Corinna).

I don't want our installer to provide a truncated version of what's
available, requiring a first-time user to have to do realize that they
have to do something extra to see the descriptions that they need.

If you just want to do an update and don't want to select anything then
you really should just be using the "-q" option.  That's much less
work than clicking through screens.

I don't really understand the desire to save defaults either but the
current changes are converging on something that is minimally intrusive.
So, since we have someone who is talented enough to decipher the setup
code, is willing to make the changes, and is even willing to deal with
my objections, I'm happy to see them go in.

cgf