Re: Save and restore setup.exe window geometry attempt #2

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 10:29 PM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> This patch doesn't do what I expected. ?I thought that it would affect
> the package chooser screen maximized settings but it doesn't seem to
> touch that. ?I did manage to do something that made the initial screen
> maximized, though, although I never maximized any of the original
> screens. ?It seems to affect the size of every screen but the package
> chooser screen which doesn't seem useful to me. ?But, I'm probably not
> the best judge.

I apologize - that's caused by me stupidly forgetting the patch for
threebar.cc to remove the calls to
ThreeBarProgressPage::MaximizeDialog before and after package
selection.  I'll send out an updated patch this afternoon.

In the mean time, everyone, please ignore the last patch since it's
not right.  Sorry again.

That brings to mind two more questions I have.  First, am I correct to
assume that the definition for ThreeBarProgressPage::MaximizeDialog
should be removed if it is no longer in use?  And second, should setup
just use its default geometry when running in unattended mode?  My
inclination is that restoring any saved geometry would not hurt, and
might even help if somebody wants to stick the window off in a corner
of the screen somewhere, but that should be answered by people who use
unattended mode more often than I do.

Jonathon