Re: [Preliminary Patch] setup.exe size/position restore on startup

Christopher Faylor wrote:

And some of us just run setup from the command line and never even
bother with the GUI until it has run to completion....

There's that too. I am hoping to make that even more convenient eventually. I'd like to get rid of all remnants of the GUI when -q (or some other option) is specified on the command line.

Ahhhh, wouldn't that be nice.

One additional feature that might be useful is a command
line switch that allows a search through the package list
that puts out a list of matches.

Think of it as a grep through setup.ini

On the other hand, once you've installed the base system
it's pretty easy to write a script that does the same thing.

And now I'm wandering off topic. Start a new thread for replies
please.

Ralph