Re: Cygwin setup.exe - command line parameters

Lars Bjørndal wrote:

<snip>

Anyway, today I found a hacked version of setup.exe which allowed a
command line parameter '-p <package list>', which was very useful.

And that's why the new setup supports complete operation by the command line. Note that it still throws up the dialogs on the screen but the operation is completely hands free with the right combination of options.

Here's a pointer to a message describing the.bat file I use to
control a basic install on my machine:

<http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2009-02/msg00540.html>

Cheers, Ralph