Re: GCC4 status.

Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:

> Dave Korn wrote:
>> -  Adding i686-pc-mingw32 cross compiler build to gcc-4 cygport file (already
>> under way, last build failed with "libgomp needs pthreads" error - need to get
>> myself win32-pthreads for MinGW, I think).
>
> cygport's cross.cygclass needs some serious work, so if you're using it,
> please let me know what enhancements you need.

  Was just planning on doing a hideous hack where I wrap large chunks of my
.cygport file in the equivalent of #ifdefs! :)  Don't think it's necessarily
suitable for the class file anyway, it's going to be a fairly non-standard
x-compiler in that it won't go into the usual $prefix/$target sysroot, it's
going to look for headers and libs directly where they live under the native
prefix in /usr/include/mingw /usr/include/w32api /lib/mingw and /lib/w32api,
and it's going to use the native 'as' and 'ld'.  So it's going to be an ugly
hybrid beast....

    cheers,
      DaveK