GCC4 update [was Re: almost ITA for lapack]

Marco Atzeri wrote:
for you convenience I uploaded also that

libgfortran.tar.bz2
*************************
usr/bin/cyggfortran.dll
usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/4.3.2/libgfortran.dll.a
*************************

so the ITA and the cygwin-1.5 version are on hold until Dave release the additional library or someone suggest me a way to bypass the problem.

Hi Dave,
I assume the job was not as simple as you expected http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2008-10/msg00109.html
;-)

Hi Marco!

Actually, the typeinfo stuff is now fixed. I stopped working for a while in order to get some (as I saw) critical bugfixes installed in upstream GCC before 4.5 gets branched. I'm working back at it now; the typeinfo issues are resolved, but I've run into a hideous tangle trying to fix some GNAT regressions which have cropped up in recent builds. (GNAT doesn't understand --program-suffix, meaning that during a bootstrap it sometimes finds the old gcc-3 gnat tools and sometimes finds the newly-built tools, and hilarity results when one of the newly built tools like gnatmake ends up invoking the old gcc-3 gnat1 sub-executable.)

Since GNAT support isn't something I get an awful lot of traffic about, it's a lower priority, and I might just punt for the sake of getting a test release out. I'll think about doing that if it looks like taking more than a couple of days.

The only other thing I need to do before releasing it is ask for a bit of review/advice on the (substantial) packaging changes I'm going to be making, just to make sure I don't balls it all up. I'll post about that separately later tonight.

    cheers,
      DaveK