Re: Odd upset bug is stalling setup.ini updates

On Thu, Feb 05, 2009 at 02:07:45PM -0600, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>There is a problem with upset today which is causing setup.ini not to
>>update.
>>
>>I'm investigating as I can fit it into my real work day.
>>
>>No ETA on a fix yet.
>
>posh's ldesc: was missing a closing double-quote.  I fixed that on
>sourceware, so let's see if that helps.

upset is not supposed to just corrupt a setup.ini file if a setup.hint
file is missing a quote.  I identified the problem an hour and a half
ago and have been trying, amidst meetings, to fix the problem in upset
that caused this to be undetected.  I was just puzzling over why things
changed after a current debug run and it occurred to me to look at the
posh/setup.hint.

How frustrating.

I appreciate that you are trying to help but I didn't ask anyone to
track this down for me.  If I wanted help I would have said "I need
help".

Since setup.ini file generation is currently turned off you can't
actually do anything to fix this problem anyway.

cgf