Re: ITP: [vote] topgit -- A Git patch queue manager

2009/2/5 Jari Aalto:
> I'd like to propose new package that is not yet included in any of the
> stable Linux distributions.
>
> sdesc: "A Git patch queue manager"
> ldesc: "TopGit manages a patch queue using Git topic branches, one patch per
> branch. It allows for patch dependencies and can thus manage
> non-linear patch series. TopGit is a minimal layer on top of Git,
> which does not limit use of Git's functionality (such as the index).
> It rigorously keeps history until a patch is accepted upstream. It is
> also fully usable across distributed repositories."
> category: Devel
> requires: cygwin git
>
> wget \
>    http://cante.net/~jaalto/tmp/cygwin/topgit/setup.hint \
>    http://cante.net/~jaalto/tmp/cygwin/topgit/topgit-20090204+git8c77c34-1-src.tar.bz2 \
>    http://cante.net/~jaalto/tmp/cygwin/topgit/topgit-20090204+git8c77c34-1.tar.bz2

The binary package looks fine, the functionality very useful to me.

> To build after unpacking *-src*:
>
>  ./*.sh --color --verbose all

src package:
$ ./topgit-20090204+git8c77c34-1.sh --color --verbose all
## cygbuild 2009.0204.1947 http://freshmeat.net/projects/cygbuild
CygbuildDie ./topgit-20090204+git8c77c34-1.sh.CygbuildBootVariablesGlobalShareDir:
[ERROR] Internal error. No DIR argument

Cannot you just use a working package manager?

--
Reini Urban
http://phpwiki.org/              http://murbreak.at/