Re: problems using the setup.exe program

alex wallis wrote:
Hi list I am fairly new to cygwin and am writing to ask a few questions about selecting packages when installing cygwin.

My problem I am facing is this.

I am blind, as a result in order to use a computer I use a program called a screen reader.

<snip>

Fortunately, the latest version of setup for 1.7 allows
package selection from the command line.

This is a _huge_ (ok maybe not that big) deal for users
exactly like you.

You can do things like:

setup -q -n -D -L %SITE% %LOCALDIR% %PACKAGES%

if you set up environment variables for SITE, LOCALDIR, and
PACKAGES.

Note that PACKAGES should be a comma separated list of packages
you want to install with NO SPACES between entries.

All the dependencies ar looked after automagically.

Good luck!

Ralph