Re: [ITA] X.Org X11R7.4

On Mon, Nov 03, 2008 at 11:57:18PM -0600, Yaakov (Cygwin Ports) wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> Yes, unless you want the package to go to "Misc", which is wrong.  But I
>> don't see any reason to hide anything.  Just sdesc it as "Sources for
>> BLAH".  It won't be installed unless the user specifically chooses it.
>
>I tried removing the empty binary tarballs and re-ran genini (all
>locally), and I got the following for each library:
>
>error: release/X.Org/libfontenc/setup.hint:3: not enough package files
>in release/X.Org/libfontenc

genini differs from upset in this way, then.  You can probably just remove
that error.

>The setup.ini entry for each library source had only category, sdesc,
>and ldesc tags.  The corresponding ABI-versioned-lib and -devel packages
>had correct source tags.
>
>Running setup.exe (2.602) from this setup.ini, these packages don't show
>up *at all*, even under the _source category.

I created a setup.ini which had only a -src package and it definitely
shows up in setup.ini.  I didn't try actually running setup.exe on that
setup.ini but I'd be surprised if it didn't show up.

I am as pessimistic as anyone about the ability of users to understand
what setup.exe is showing them but it seems to me that if you have a
package called foo-source and only the source is available it should be
pretty clear what is going on.

cgf