Re: [ITA] X.Org X11R7.4

"Yaakov (Cygwin Ports)" wrote:

> Because this means jumping through a lot more hoops, believe me.  This
> method (where there's no binary package corresponding to the source
> package) has precedence in Debian as well.

If it really does save you time than I remove my objection.  Can I just
request that the sdesc of such packages say something informative and
explicit about their purpose, e.g.:

sdesc: "X.Org Xfixes library (dummy placeholder for source package)"

I realize this string will never be seen by end-users but it does help
to self-document the purpose behind the package's existance when one is
troubleshooting setup by looking at setup.ini or whatnot.

Brian