Re: invalid login gid in /etc/passwd does not show group name as 'mkgroup'

On 15 Oct 2008 16:59:00 +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > To summarize, I'm proposing to:
> >
> >    * add the 'passwd/group_GID_clash' case
> >    * delete the 'mkgroup_l_d' case
> >    * provide definitions for the special group names in the comment above
> >      the case statement
> >    * modify the statements to the user to more accurately describe the
> >      nature of the problem
> >
> > Any opinions on if these modifications are a good idea or not?
>
> Sounds good to me.  I moved this thread to the cygwin-apps list, please
> let's keep it here now.  John is maintaining the base-passwd package,
> but if I understood him correctly, he was going to hand over this
> package to Igor.  I don't recall getting a reply about this from Igor.

I sent the patch to cygwin-apps in this message:

    http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2008-10/msg00048.html

> What happens to base-passwd now?  John, do you stay maintainer?  Igor,
> are you taking over?  If none of you is interested, are you interested
> to take over maintainership, Herb?

I appreciate the vote of confidence, but I don't believe that I would be a
good candidate.  The time I get to spend with cygwin at this level is very
sporadic.  If you'd like a more detailed explanation or would like to
convince me otherwise, feel free to contact me personally.

Herb.