Re: New Setup for Cygwin 1.7 on cygwin.com

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> To rephrase: I think it is a bad idea to remove dependencies from
> _update-info-dir since so many things rely on it.

Unless:

  1) all of _update-info-dir's dependencies are already satisfied by the
Base category

or

  2) we carefully map the dependency chains of the basic system-setup
packages (cygwin, base-*, a few more?) and deliberately exclude them
from getting _update-info-dir added to their dependency list.

or

  3) somehow add a priority scheme to postinstall scripts, so that in
the event of a cycle, setup "starts" traversing the dependency loop at
the package with the highest priority.

In order of least effort to most, I'd vote #1...

--
Chuck